Aims and Ethos
"Cross and Passion College is a Catholic, all-ability school committed to providing opportunities for all pupils to develop their unique talents and abilities in a positive, challenging and caring learning environment."
Our Core Values
The core values of the school are inspired by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and the legacy of the sisters of the Cross and Passion Order who founded our school.
- Respect for ourselves, each other and the environment
- Compassion for the pursuit of justice
- Moral integrity and honesty
- Commitment to living in, and contributing to community life
Ethos in Action
We are committed to creating a vibrant faith community and promoting the spiritual and moral development of the young people in our care.
We create opportunities for young people to:
- Develop a strong set of Christian values, which will inspire and guide them in all aspects of their lives
- Develop a close personal relationship with God and deepen their knowledge and understanding of their faith
- Develop a sense of social justice and service to others
Our Beliefs about Learners and Learning
We believe that all pupils in Cross and Passion College have worth, dignity and value and will learn best when they believe they can and have self-respect, self-esteem and confidence. We believe that every pupil has the potential to learn, achieve and make progress and that every lesson is important and pupils are expected to participate fully.
We know that pupils have different learning styles, strengths, abilities and aptitudes. Because of this we plan activities which will promote success for all and we have high expectations of our pupils in all learning situations.
As teachers, we regard ourselves as highly professional and committed to self-evaluation, to sharing good practice and our own professional development.
In our everyday work we will:
- Strive to create a school community where each individual feels valued, worthwhile and respected
- Encourage all members of the school community to witness Gospel values in their actions and dealings with others
- Provide opportunities for individual and community worship
- Provide Religious Education programmes for pupils at all key stages
- Provide opportunities for pupils to actively participate in social justice campaigns at both local and global level
- Encourage participation in activities which promote respect for diversity and mutual understanding